Ad Code

Epic Games issues lifetime ban for FaZe Fortnite streamer Jarvis

Fortnite pro Jarvis "Jarvis" Kaye has been given a lifetime ban from the title by developer Epic Games for cheating. 

Popular FaZe Clan Fortnite player Jarvis "Jarvis" Kaye, who has more than 2 million YouTube subscribers, announced earlier this week he has been given a lifetime ban for cheating.

1 Related

According to Jarvis, the ban stems from his posting of videos showing him using aimbots -- bots that assist in enhancing a player's aim. The use of aimbots is against Fortnite's rules because of both the assistance they provide players and the fact some aimbots have been found to contain malware, which could steal user data.

In a video posted to his YouTube page, an extremely distraught Jarvis, fighting back tears and struggling to regain his composure, admitted to using aimbots and apologized to Epic Games, the company behind Fortnite.

"All I was thinking as I was making those videos was just how entertaining and interesting these videos would be to you guys (his YouTube audience) to watch," the 17-year-old said in the video. "It didn't even cross my mind to think that I could be banned for life on Fortnite from those videos. ... I just want to be clear this is my first time I've ever done anything like this, and of course I've never done this in a competitive game mode.

"Epic Games, I know how big of a mistake I've made," he continued later. "I'm truly, like, so sorry. Epic, I know I have to take accountability for my actions, and you know I'm going to do my best to accept any punishment that comes my way. Whatever happens, I'm not trying to find a quick road out, but being banned forever is just, I think -- a lifetime ban ... I didn't expect this would happen. Especially from a game you know that I love so much."

Jarvis began playing with FaZe Clan in March of this year.

"We have a zero tolerance policy for the usage of cheat software," an Epic Games spokesperson told The Independent. "When people use aimbots or other cheat technologies to gain an unfair advantage, they ruin games for people who are playing fairly."

As of Tuesday night, Jarvis' video had more than 5.8 million views.

-- Field Level Media

Post a Comment

0 Comments